B97 and WHCC Hoosier Country want you to be safe and healthy during uncertain times. The following page provides useful information and ways you can protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
The Indiana State Department of Health has provided an interactive map showing positive COVID-19 cases in the state. The dashboard is updated daily with potential new cases, find the map here.
Governor Eric Holcomb declared a public health emergency following the first case of coronavirus in Indiana on March 6th. On Monday, March 23rd, Governor Holcomb announced a “stay at home” order for Hoosiers as the state tries to slow the spread of COVID-19 during the coronavirus pandemic.
During a statewide address Monday, the governor said Hoosiers should only go out for essential errands, work or business. The order goes from March 25 through April 7. It could be extended if conditions warrant. A list of essential businesses include:
- Essential government operations
- Healthcare and public health operations
- Human services operations
- Essential infrastructure
- Public safety
- Stores that sell groceries and medicine
- Food, beverage, and agriculture
- Organizations that provide charitable and social services
- Religious entities
- Media entities
- Gas stations and businesses needed for transportation
- Financial and insurance institutions (banks, credit unions, etc.)
- Hardware and supply stores
- Critical trades (electricians, construction, etc.)
- Mail, post, shipping, logistics, delivery, and pickup services
- Educational institutions
- Laundry services
- Restaurants (carryout, drive-thru, and delivery only)
- Supplies to work from home
- Supplies for essential business and operations
- Transportation (includes airlines, taxis, rideshare companies)
- Home-based care and services
- Residential facilities and shelters
- Professional services (legal services, accounting, etc.)
- Manufacturing, distribution and supply chain for critical products and industries
- Critical labor union functions
- Hotels and motels
- Funeral services
The Indy Channel is providing daily updates about the coronavirus in Indiana. Everything you need to know about the virus from symptoms to what the state government is doing can be found on this webpage.
To see the ongoing list of local closings, click here.
Find more information about prevention practices from the CDC here.
Find more information about symptoms and what to do if you are sick from the CDC here.